WWLR Works Towards Facelift
Lyndon State College's radio club, WWLR, requested and received a total of $1,542 last night at the student government meeting. The funds will be used to buy a new "vacuum tube", which powers and assists the transmitter of the station. The new tube will be insured and is supposed to last longer, club members say.
Mitch Stern, the station's engineer, thinks the tube is in the stations' best interest because the vacuum tube the station currently has is nearly 7 years old, while the life expectancy of a tube is only about 2 years.
WWLR General Manager Tyler Kittleman says other improvements are also in the works. He wants to incorporate static resistant tile floors and chairs. He also wants to add better soundproofing to the studio, located in Vail. All CD's will soon be digitized and available to DJ's through a computer play list. Digital music logs will be easily accessible by time, date, and DJ, on a website which is soon to be set up.
The station has also recently purchased a third DJ mic, which will be added to the station shortly, allowing a third DJ or guest to enjoy the show.
Eventually, Kittleman wants to purchase a new digital soundboard, but says that may take a while because the boards he has looked at are close to $7,000 dollars.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Critic News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CRITIC NEWS
RECENT THE CRITIC CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum