Over One Hundred Uses for ASAC 100
Academic & Student Activities Center 100 has proved its necessity.
The large multi-purpose room located at the end of ASAC is home to many meetings, classes, presentations and events. Student Government meets in ASAC 100, movies are shown there, and the room hosts cross-dressing dances that carry on until the wee hours of the morning.
This week will be no different when it comes to the busyness of ASAC 100. The Campus Activities Board is putting on several events that students can take advantage of beginning today.
Bingo will take place in ASAC 100 tonight at 9 pm. Prizes will be available throughout the night and also a grand prize of a $100 Visa gift card.
Junior Ashley Macauley says, "I can't wait for Bingo. I always used to play it as a kid; it's going to be so exciting. It will be like the old times." She goes on to say, "My favorite bingo game is blackout. Its time consuming and I love it." Blackout is the version of bingo where to win, the whole board must be covered.
Students may also take advantage of the Campus Activities Board movie series. This week's movie is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2, and is playing Sunday November 6 in ASAC 100 at 6 pm. Next week, Friends With Benefits will be playing Tuesday November 8th at 9 pm, and Sunday November 13th at 6 pm, both in ASAC 100.
Katelyn Tibbits said "I love the school movies; they're free and that's really all that matters."
CAB is also showing Monday Night Football games every Monday until December 5th in ASAC 100. Monday, November 7th the Chicago Bears will be playing the Philadelphia Eagles. The doors will open at 8 o'clock and the game starts at 8:30 pm
Students can see any other events that CAB is putting on by checking in at the office located by the Hornets' Nest, or logging into their school email and reading the email sent out by Kayla Carlozzi.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Critic News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CRITIC NEWS
RECENT THE CRITIC CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards