These Times They Are Changing
From the 2012-13 Critic Editor
As our current editor, Eric Blaisdell, graduates to gallop on into this wild world, I would like to announce that I will be taking over the metaphorical reins on the horse that is the Critic.
First I would like to congratulate Mr. Blaisdell on being a great editor, and in this particular metaphor, a great cowboy. I wish him all the best.
I would also like to thank our layout editor, the wonderful Sierra Willenburg, who really is just a pretty fantastic person, friend, and brilliant designer. In this metaphor, she's the farrier.
And last, many thanks to our amazing adviser, Dan Williams, who recently received a year-long Fulbright Scholarship to teach in China. Congrats Dan, even though I will definitely miss your advice next year. And, in case you were wondering, he's the "law."
A few things I've learned about journalism from these fabulous people:
1) A paper can be creative and newsy.
2) Multimedia is not something to hate, it's something to embrace.
3) And every once in a while, after a hard days work, a glass of Jameson is not only relaxing, but also well deserved.
If it were not for these three folks, Critic would not be what it is and I would not know what I know.
But times, they are a-changin'.
This horse is going to the groomers.
Next semester, you can expect a completely rebuilt website with comprehensive multimedia coverage. There will be a redesigned paper layout with a larger emphasis on photos.
Clearly marked distribution points around campus, so you will always know where to pick up a Critic. You can expect t-shirts, coffee mugs, and stickers with The Critic logo so you can advertise just how much you love us.
I'm pleased to announce that junior Ashley Seymour was nominated by the Visual Arts Department to be next year's layout editor and has accepted the position. Morgan Forester, our current web editor, will be tackling the managing editor position. Erin Milne, critic staff writer, will be the copy editor. Sarah Murphy, staff photographer, has expressed interest in being photo editor. To top it all off we have talented writers like Tyler Dumont and Katleyn Zenie.
We are always looking to expand the team, so whatever your talent, I'm sure you would make a great addition. I'm excited to get started with the new crew. But first, I'll look forward to taking a "break" this summer.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Critic News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE CRITIC NEWS
RECENT THE CRITIC CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum